We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team at Vishuo Biomedical.
Medical Affairs specialist (Singapore)
- Develop and implement Medical Strategic Plan/s and Scientific Engagement activities and assist internal and external (customer facing) medical projects for the assigned franchise/ portfolio of products
- Support Medical Governance (compliance to ISO13485, IVD regulations and other relevant guidelines) in the assigned franchise/portfolio of products and contribute to risk review and management monitoring activities
- Provide medical and technical support to clinical IVD products
- Develop an effective communication network relationship with relevant stakeholders
- Degree in Biotechnology, Medical Technology, Life Sciences, or relevant field
- 2-3 years relevant experience in technical support or medical governance or medical affairs for IVD products.
- Experience in therapeutic drug monitoring, platelet function assay (especially platelet aggregation test) is a must.
- Sound understanding on good clinical practices, SOPs and ISO13485.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence customers at all levels
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Professional, self-motivated, focused, and creative
- Industrial experience and application/industry know-how in the following industry will be an added advantage.
- Driven personality with a hunger to succeed
- Strong analytical and management skills
- Responsible and willing to take ownership
NGS Laboratory Manager
- Oversea daily staff and operation management.
- Procurement of reagents and consumables and cost control.
- Maintain, update and develop experiment SOPs.
- Assist sales team to provide technical support and project consultation to customers.
- Work together with other departments on customer project management.
- Troubleshoot when needed.
- Lead and collaborate with external partners and other departments on clinical genetic testing products design, development and optimization.
- Master or PhD in life science or biomedical with extensive hands-on experience of molecular biology.
- Experience with qPCR, NGS and other genotyping platforms requested.
- Experience with molecular assay validation and optimization requested.
- Experience with laboratory management and project management preferred.
- Fluent in Mandarin (spoken and written).
- Highly responsible and detail oriented, positive attitude, team player.
Senior Scientist (Singapore)
Vishuo seeks a highly knowledgeable, customer-focused, and strong analytical senior scientist to provide company-wide expertise in the analysis and management of NGS data and in the development of NGS-based methods and applications. Additional responsibilities for the position include:
- Process, record, analyze, and extrapolate from experimental data and results, including NGS data sets from various platforms and collaborators
- Generate, optimize and maintain scripts for routine NGS data processing
- Effectively communicate results to the Vishuo team and external customers
- Initiate feasibility experiments designed to expand the Vishuo product portfolio
- Identify and define new product ideas or technologies; conduct feasibility, optimization and verification studies; perform method and product transfer to manufacturing, verification, validation and support of regulatory submissions
- Design and plan product, process, or assay development and qualification activities, specifically for NGS product development and custom NGS projects
- Serve as cross-functional project team lead from feasibility to market launch
- Attend meetings, conferences symposia, and seminars to promote Vishuo capabilities
- Keep abreast of scientific/technological developments by participating in scientific meetings/seminars and through regular scientific review
- Supervise or mentor more junior scientists across a platform
- Provide technical training for scientific and operational staff
- Manage to project or grant budgetary objectives
- Collaborate with product management and R&D leadership in managing the Vishuo product portfolio and in developing program goals and objectives
- Collaborate with operational leaders to evaluate and assess new technology and new product or process capabilities
This position requires a master/phd degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, biostatistics, computational biology, or a related field with at least 2 years’ NGS data analysis experience. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent understanding of molecular biology and NGS products
- Thorough understanding of NGS methods, platform-specific capabilities, and data interpretation
- Hands on experience with analyzing and managing large-scale genomic data (e.g. whole genome sequencing, exome-seq, target enrichment, amplicon sequencing, RNA-seq, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling and annotation tools
- Familiarity with human and mammalian genomics, standard genomic databases (UCSC, EnsEMBL, NCBI), formats, and tools
- Proficiency in python, ruby, perl, or another high-level scripting language
- Familiarity with UNIX-based operating systems and shell scripting
- Excellent data analysis and visualization skills (Tableau, R, matplotlib, or similar)
- Aptitude to work in a complex and rapidly growing company
- Results-oriented, ensuring targets are met on time and on budget
- Must demonstrate good professional judgment and reliability
For interested applicants, please send your CV with your recent photo, date of availability, indicating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.