We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team at Vishuo Biomedical.
Full stack developer (Singapore)
Highly skilled more than 2-3 years with Java, Web development and (MySQL)SQL databases.
Having a BSc or Higher diploma in Computer Science related studies.
Able to communicate fluent in English and capability in Mandarin speaking will be an added advantage.
You leverage your development workflow with Java based tools/frameworks like Spring, Mybatis etc.
You have multiple years of experience with state-of-the-art web architectures and enjoy developing modern web applications.
You value high quality code and you want to satisfy your thirst for knowledge of the latest technologies every day.
You have a thorough knowledge of build and deployment of Full Stack applications, including practice with automated testing frameworks like Selenium, Jasmine or similar tools.
You have professional experience working in an agile development environment.
You have decent working knowledge in ubuntu.
You have these skills: eye for detail, taking ownership, flexible and a team player.
You like to:
Work in a technical high challenging role.
Work with leading edge technology on a platform that was built in house, from the ground up
Be part of a complex bio informatics and data analysis system (and make it seem so easy for everyone around you)
Get the freedom and responsibility to make your own decisions
Work on challenging projects to innovate our platform and therefore benefit our customers;
Solve hard technical problems effectively and find the right balance between elegant solutions and time-to-market;
Be responsible for full life cycle development, communicating with domain experts, sales experts, partners and users;
Design, implement, test and monitor new functionalities to the platform;
Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable;
Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
NGS Laboratory Manager (Beijing, China)
- Oversea daily staff and operation management.
- Procurement of reagents and consumables and cost control.
- Maintain, update and develop experiment SOPs.
- Assist sales team to provide technical support and project consultation to customers.
- Work together with other departments on customer project management.
- Troubleshoot when needed.
- Lead and collaborate with external partners and other departments on clinical genetic testing products design, development and optimization.
- Master or PhD in life science or biomedical with extensive hands-on experience of molecular biology.
- Experience with qPCR, NGS and other genotyping platforms requested.
- Experience with molecular assay validation and optimization requested.
- Experience with laboratory management and project management preferred.
- Fluent in Mandarin (spoken and written).
- Highly responsible and detail oriented, positive attitude, team player.
Senior Scientist (Singapore)
Vishuo seeks a highly knowledgeable, customer-focused, and strong analytical senior scientist to provide company-wide expertise in the analysis and management of NGS data and in the development of NGS-based methods and applications. Additional responsibilities for the position include:
- Process, record, analyze, and extrapolate from experimental data and results, including NGS data sets from various platforms and collaborators
- Generate, optimize and maintain scripts for routine NGS data processing
- Effectively communicate results to the Vishuo team and external customers
- Initiate feasibility experiments designed to expand the Vishuo product portfolio
- Identify and define new product ideas or technologies; conduct feasibility, optimization and verification studies; perform method and product transfer to manufacturing, verification, validation and support of regulatory submissions
- Design and plan product, process, or assay development and qualification activities, specifically for NGS product development and custom NGS projects
- Serve as cross-functional project team lead from feasibility to market launch
- Attend meetings, conferences symposia, and seminars to promote Vishuo capabilities
- Keep abreast of scientific/technological developments by participating in scientific meetings/seminars and through regular scientific review
- Supervise or mentor more junior scientists across a platform
- Provide technical training for scientific and operational staff
- Manage to project or grant budgetary objectives
- Collaborate with product management and R&D leadership in managing the Vishuo product portfolio and in developing program goals and objectives
- Collaborate with operational leaders to evaluate and assess new technology and new product or process capabilities
This position requires a master/phd degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, biostatistics, computational biology, or a related field with at least 2 years’ NGS data analysis experience. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent understanding of molecular biology and NGS products
- Thorough understanding of NGS methods, platform-specific capabilities, and data interpretation
- Hands on experience with analyzing and managing large-scale genomic data (e.g. whole genome sequencing, exome-seq, target enrichment, amplicon sequencing, RNA-seq, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling and annotation tools
- Familiarity with human and mammalian genomics, standard genomic databases (UCSC, EnsEMBL, NCBI), formats, and tools
- Proficiency in python, ruby, perl, or another high-level scripting language
- Familiarity with UNIX-based operating systems and shell scripting
- Excellent data analysis and visualization skills (Tableau, R, matplotlib, or similar)
- Aptitude to work in a complex and rapidly growing company
- Results-oriented, ensuring targets are met on time and on budget
- Must demonstrate good professional judgment and reliability
For interested applicants, please send your CV with your recent photo, date of availability, indicating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.